Established in 1994 by alumni Ted ’68 and Barbara Lawrence ’68 Alfond to honor a distinguished professor of English, enhancing the reputation of both the department and the College, and enriching the educational experience of its students.
Established in 1940 through the efforts of former Rollins trustee Joshua Coffin Chase who spearheaded a campaign to endow this faculty chair in honor of Bacheller's contributions to literature and education.
Established in 1993 by Barnett Bank, the predecessor to NationsBank, which was subsequently acquired by Bank of America. The first faculty chair at the Crummer Graduate School of Business to be endowed by a corporation, it was created to recognize an eminent scholar in finance with a distinguished record of teaching, scholarship, and community involvement.
Established in 2013 with a gift from alumnus Francis H. “Frank” Barker ’52 ’06H to provide support for the Rollins head basketball coaching position. A member of the fabled 1952 men’s basketball team, Barker still holds the College record for most points scored in a single game: 50 points, against Green Cove Navy on February 16, 1952. Barker also has the distinction of being inducted into the Rollins College Sports Hall of Fame and the Jacksonville University Athletics Hall of Fame.
Endowed in 2008 by alumnus Bruce A. Beal ’58 in honor of the Class of 1958 on the occasion of its fiftieth class reunion.
Endowed in 2015 with a gift from alumna Nancy Siebens Binz ’55 to inspire Rollins students to develop a passion for learning and exploring the world.
Established in 2013 by alumnus David H. Lord ’69 ‘71MBA in recognition of beloved baseball coach and mentor Boyd Coffie. Coach Coffie’s accomplishments as a player and coach are well documented but tell only part of his story. Above all, he was a teacher and, some would say, a philosopher.
Archibald Granville Bush Chair of Mathematics was established in 1966 with a gift from Edyth Bassler Bush to bring distinguished mathematicians to Rollins to teach, research, lecture, and assist in the development of the Archibald Granville Bush Science Center program.
In 1969 The Bush Foundation established the Archibald Granville Bush Chair of Science to recognize outstanding faculty members in the sciences and to develop the caliber of faculty necessary “to assist the Archibald Granville Bush Science Center in becoming one of the finest in the state of Florida.”
Established by the largest gift in Rollins' history, the 2003 bequest of philanthropist and alumnus George Cornell ’35 ’85H, the Cornell Chairs are awarded throughout the College.
Established in 1985 through a gift from alumni George D. ’35 ’85H and Harriet W. ’35HAL ’90H Cornell and a challenge grant by the National Endowment for the Humanities to serve as the cornerstone of Rollins’ Classical Studies Program. This endowment provides for the recruitment of distinguished scholars who will promote the understanding of and appreciation for classical civilization and thought, enabling the College to enhance the interdisciplinary character of the program and its quality and visibility in the coming years.
Established in 2001 with a bequest from the late Donald Cram ’41 ’88H, Rollins' first Nobel Prize winner, to provide the opportunity for and support of research in the field of chemistry.
A gift of Kenneth Curry ’32, an emeritus professor of English at the University of Tennessee and author of many books and articles on English literature of the Romantic period. The first Curry Professor was named in 1999.
Established by alumnus Ronald Gelbman ’69 ’70MBA and an anonymous donor. The international business major was introduced in 1998 to provide students the opportunity to study global business from a liberal arts perspective.
The Gerry Chair of Marketing and Ethics was established in 2001 by the Gerry Foundation to recruit and retain a distinguished professor in marketing and ethics in the Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College. The Gerry Professor will stress the importance of ethics, including ethical marketing, in his or her teaching and scholarship and in the course work of the Gerry Professor's students.
Established in 1967 by Raymond W. Greene, who stipulated that the chair-holder should encourage reverence for the "Amazing Creation of the Human Body and Its Functions."
Endowed in 1987 by the estate of Rollins alumnus Charles Harwood ’44 to attract a distinguished scholar to the Crummer Graduate School of Business.
Awarded to Rollins in 1967 by the William R. Kenan, Jr., Charitable Trust "to support a college teacher whose enthusiasm for learning, commitment to teaching and interest in students will make a notable contribution to the College's undergraduate community.”
Established in 2012 with gifts from David H. Lord ’69 ’71MBA and his family’s foundation, the RNR Foundation, to perpetuate and add recognition for a critical staff position that leads all aspects of Rollins College’s nationally and internationally recognized and award-winning community engagement infrastructure, which has made the Rollins mission more real, alive, and transformative for more students than ever before.
Established in 2002 by James P. Lyden and his family to enhance the College's educational mission and to recognize the importance of athletics, rowing in particular.
A gift of alumnus Michael C. Maher ’63 and the Christian A. Johnson Endeavor Foundation to further the College’s efforts and reputation in one of its recognized strengths—the art of teaching.
Established in 1997 with an endowment from the Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation to honor the legacy of former Rollins president Hugh McKean ’30 ’72H and his wife, Jeannette Genius McKean ’62H, and their commitment to the College. Mrs. McKean established the Genius Foundation in 1959 in memory of her mother, who was the daughter of one of Winter Park's founders and greatest benefactors, Charles Hosmer Morse.
Established in 2001 by Esther Mertz in memory of her son, alumnus Richard James Mertz ’60, an elementary education major at Rollins.
Established in 1998 by alumnus Vincent A. Rapetti ’50, this chair was established to provide a meaningful and lasting impact on the lives of students for generations to come.
A 1999 gift of Charles and Lynn Steinmetz, the chair enables the Crummer Graduate School of Business to have a nationally recognized scholar in the area of management and strategy.
The chair honors longtime Rollins trustee and patron of the arts John Tiedtke ’75H, and was the idea of Rollins alumni Fred ’51 ’74H and Joanne ’50 ’05H Rogers. Their generous support has been augmented by contributions from a number of friends and admirers.
Established by alumna Winifred Martin Warden ’45 '12H and the Bert W. Martin Foundation. The 2000 gift of this former ballet dancer and theatre student will ensure the future of a strong theatre and dance program at Rollins.
Funded by Ambassador and Mrs. Alexander W. Weddell, the chair was established by the Rollins College Board of Trustees in 1948 as a memorial to Ambassador and Mrs. Weddell “in grateful appreciation of their interest and help and in honor of their distinguished service to their country and to Inter-American relations.” It recognizes a distinguished faculty member who is devoted to the teaching and correlation of courses in the history of the Western hemisphere.